"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable think is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes." (from 'Attitude' by Charles Swindoll)

poniedziałek, 18 kwietnia 2011

Już dawno nie byłam taka zła jak w tydzień temu w poniedziałek. No ale żeby cała historia trzymała się kupy to muszę zacząć od naszego styczniowego pobytu w Zakopanem. Podczas zakupów pamiątkarskich na Krupówkach zupełnie straciłam głowę dla bardzo nietypowego kożuszka; był zrobiony z blado fioletowej mięciutkiej i niezbyt grubej skórki i miał rękawy i kaptur obszyty futerkiem z lisa. Jako że za żadne skarby nie mogłam sobie go wybić z głowy postanowiliśmy z Mikiem kupić ten kożuch. W końcu jakby nie było to zakup na całe życie.

Nie nachodziłam się już za bardzo w tym kożuchu minionej zimy. Zanim krawcowa doszyła mi guziki tak żeby kożuch dopasował się do mojej sylwetki, i zanim go odebrałam to już w Virginii zrobiła się prawie wiosna. I tak oto miałam kożuch na sobie tylko kilka razy, ale gdzie się w nim nie pokazałam to zawsze dostawałam mnóstwo komplementów.

W zeszły poniedziałek Mike zadzwonił do mnie po powrocie z pracy i mówi: „Pamiętasz swój prześliczny fioletowy kożuch…“. Od razu wiedziałam że taki dobór słów nic dobrego nie wróży. Okazało się że Nero, zdecydowanie bardziej problemowy z naszych psów, jakimś cudem wydostał się ze swego kojca w ciągu dnia i w przypływie nieopanowanej radości wyciągnął owy kożuch z szafy i… niewiele już z niego zostało. Nie widziałam końcowego efektu na własne oczy, ale według Mika być może będę mogła przerobić pozostałość na torebkę i parę rękawiczek…

------------------------------------------------------------

It’s been a while since I got as upset as last Monday. But in order for the whole story to make sense, I have to begin with our trip to Zakopane (winter resort in Poland) that took place last January. One day Mike and I went shopping on Krupowki Street (a huge outdoor market where local people sell their arts and crafts). I totally fell in love with a cute winter coat made of super soft lavender suede, with sleeves and hood finished with fox fur. The coat was gorgeous and I just couldn’t talk myself out of it. In the end we ended up buying the coat… after all a coat like that is a worthwhile investment.

I didn’t get to wear the coat too much last season. Before I picked it up from my tailor who sewed on the buttons so that it fit my figure, the spring had arrived. I only got to wear it a couple of times, but wherever I went I always got some complements.

Last Monday Mike called me after he got home from work and said: “Remember that cute purple coat of yours…” Right away I knew that his choice of words could not mean anything good. It turned out that one of our dogs – Nero, somehow got out of his crate while Mike was at work. In his excitement the dog got a hold of the coat (that was snuggly hidden in a closet) and… not much was left of it. I still haven’t seen the ultimate effect of that encounter, but according to Mike I might be able to have a purse and a pair of gloves made out of the leftover suede…

Brak komentarzy: