"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable think is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes." (from 'Attitude' by Charles Swindoll)

wtorek, 14 czerwca 2011

Od kilku dni czuję się jakbym mieszkała w domu z wielkim dzieckiem. No ale jakby nie było to sama nawarzyłam sobie tego piwa. A zaczęło się od mojej wiosennej wyprawy do Włoch i przejażdżce motorowej po Rzymie.
Po wysłuchaniu moich relacji, małżonek postanowił zapisać się na kurs motorowy i kupić motocykl. I tak oto w zeszłym tygodniu staliśmy się właścicielami Yamahy, a w miniony weekend Mike zrobił „prawko na motor“… i dopiero się zaczęło. Posiedzi kilka minut przy komputerze i… idzie do garażu popatrzeć na swoją zabawkę. Zje obiad i… czas na piętnastominutową wyprawę po osiedlu. Zjada kolację i… jeszcze by sobie poćwiczył. Naprawde jak taki duży dzieciak ☺.
No ale niech ćwiczy – to wtedy szybciej będzie gotowy na tylnego pasażera, a ja się doczekam mojej wyprawy – tym razem po Fredericksburgu.
Myślę że w w najbliższym czasie wybierzemy sie poszukać sprzętu ochronnego dla mnie, bo wszystko dosyć szybko się toczy, więc nie chcę zostać zaskoczona brakiem kasku.
A w czasie mojego urlopu w przyszłym roku i ja planuję nauczyć się jeździć na motorze. Do tego czasu powinnam mieć już całkiem doświadczonego prywatnego instruktora.

Jeszcze podzielę się komentarzem mojego taty: "Dobrze że w tym Rzymie zostałaś przewieziona motorem a nie prywatnym samolotem, bo Mike miałby dopiero problem". :)
--------------

For the last few days I’ve been feeling as if I I was living under one roof with a big kid. But I’m personally responsible for the whole thing. And it all started with my trip to Italy last spring and motorbike excursion through Rome.
After listening to my stories, my hubby decided to buy a motorcycle and learn how to ride it so he could take me for a trip every now and then. And so, last week we became owners of a brand new Yamaha, and over the weekend Mike got his riding course and motorcycle license… and then all the craziness started. He would sit on the internet for a few minutes and… he goes to the garage to look at his new toy. He would eat lunch and… go for a quick stroll around the neighborhood. He would eat dinner and… why now use some more practice? Seriously… a big kid!
Hopefully with all this practice he is going to feel ready to accept „back seat“ passengers soon, and I will get my first ride – this time through Fredericsburg ☺.
I think that quite soon we’ll have to go on a shopping expedition and buy some protective gear for me. Things are moving quite fast, and I’d hate to be surprised by not being ready and not having a helmet.
During my vacation next year, I think I’m going to take a motorcycle class myself. By this time I should have a quite experienced personal trainer.

And one more thing; I have to share my dad's comment with you: "That's good that when in Rome you got a ride on a motorcycle, not on a private jet. Otherwise Mike would have a serious problem". :)

1 komentarz:

thern pisze...

usmiałam się z tego, co powiedział Twój tata!:))))))))))))) Dobrze, że nie mamy samolotu ;-)